Gold Nugget Awards
The 53rd Annual Gold Nugget Awards
Recognizing those who improve our communities through exceptional concepts in design, planning and development.
Presented by PCBC
Sponsored by Builder Magazine
Thursday, June 23, 2016
5:30pm: Cocktails & Networking
6:30pm-8:30pm: Awards Ceremony
Moscone Center – San Francisco, CA
Elegant Attire Required
The Gold Nugget Awards are the oldest and most prestigious design awards in the nation and a centerpiece of PCBC. Recognizing those who improve our communities through exceptional concepts in design, planning and development, Gold Nugget Awards are open to builders, developers, architects, and land planners with communities and projects in the United States and ALL international countries.
Gold Nugget Awards winners share one common denominator: excellence and innovation in addressing complex design/build issues.
Open to builders, developers, architects and land planners with projects in the United States and all International Countries.
- Call for Entries Open – November 3, 2015
- Entry Application Deadline – April 15, 2016
- Entry Materials Deadline – April 22, 2016
- Late Entry Deadline – April 29, 2016 — Additional Fee
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Any project or developments that was open for sale, lease or rental at any time after January 1, 2015 are eligible. On the Boards entries must have at least 1 governmental approval and have forward progress.
Entries from the United States and International projects in any and all international countries of the world are eligible.
Previous Merit Award winners are eligible for the 2016 program, if they meet eligibility criteria described.
Previous Grand Award winners are not eligible in the same category, unless there have been distinct design changes. Projects for which the architect or builder is a member of the 2016 panel of judges are not eligible for the 2016 Gold Nugget competition. Please review the following information carefully. If you have any questions, contact the Gold Nugget Awards at 1.800.658.2751
HOW TO ENTER
Review the categories and make your selections. Complete online entry application and entry fees for all entries and submit no later than April 15, 2016.
The fee is $325 each entry
You may submit as many entries as you wish in each category, but each requires the appropriate fee.
Pay by VISA/MasterCard/AMEX.
- Entry Applications Due Online by April 15, 2016
- Entry Materials Due no later than April 22, 2016 – ALL Materials submitted online.
- Late Entries may be submitted up to April 29th for additional $50 per entry fee
- Announcement of Finalists – May 20, 2016
- PCBC Show – June 22-23, 2016 Gold Nugget Ceremony June 23rd 5:30pm-8:30pm
2016 STEPS TO ENTER
Please complete Entry Application & pay entry fees no later than April 15, 2016.
- The fee is $325 each entry
- Once submitted GNA system will generate your unique entry serial number(s) per entry.
- Your entry materials are due by April 22, 2016
- Late entries may be submitted up to April 29th for additional $50 fee
Materials for all entries include:
- Photo Release Form
- Affordability Form
- Team/Project Information Form
- Digital Files — site plan, floor plan, and photo images required.
- Must be saved at 300 dpi – sized to approximately 1800 x 1200 pixels
- JPEG format ONLY. All plans should be saved as high resolution PDF – 8 ½” x 11”
- Should be named with your Category number, entry serial and sequence number or description.
No refunds will be made on entry fees or tickets. For further information, call 1.800.658.2751 or 909.987.2758.
View Past Years Winners Books
Click here to view Gold Nugget Awards Winners Books from 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012.
2015 Gold Nugget Awards Winners Coverage
If you have any questions during the process please feel free to contact our offices.
Lisa Parrish | Administrator
Gold Nugget Awards
10416 Hamilton St. Alta Loma CA 91701
1. Special Use Project
2. Commercial Project — under 20,000 sq ft (Includes Commercial, Retail and Office applications)
3. Commercial Project — 20,000 sq. ft. & over (Includes Commercial, Retail and Office applications)
4. Rehabilitation Project - Includes Office, Commercial and Industrial
5. Interior Renovations - May include tenant improvements
6. Educational Project - excludes housing, may be on the boards
CUSTOM & RENOVATED HOMES
7. Custom Home under 4,000 sq. ft.
8. Custom Home 4,000 to 8,000 sq. ft.
9. Custom Home over 8,000 sq. ft.
10. On the Boards Custom Home
11. Renovated or Restored Single House
12. Renovated, Restored or Adaptive Re-Use Residential Project (adaptive re-use – change of occupancy or use)
TARGETED USE RESIDENTIAL - (For Sale or Rent)
13. Mixed Use Project (Category may be split based on gross floor area. Total gross under 50,000 sq. ft. & Total gross 50,000 sq. ft. & over)
14. Best On-the Boards Mixed Use Project
15. Affordable Housing Community – under 30 du/acre
16. Affordable Housing Community – 30 to 60 du/acre
17. Affordable Housing Community - 60 du/acre or more
18. Multi-Family Housing Community — under 18 du/acre
19. Multifamily Housing Community - 18-30 du/acre
20. Multifamily Housing Community - 30-60 du/acre
21. Multifamily Housing Community - over 60 du/acre
22. Campus Housing — Faculty or Student Residential - Institutional use
23. On the Boards Multifamily Community (Category maybe broken by density)
24. Seniors Housing Community - Active Adult / Independent Living (May be broken by product type. Includes age restricted or age targeted attached, detached, for sale or rent)
25. Seniors Housing Community - Assisted Living / Special Needs / CCRC (May be broken by type of care. May be broken by product type. Includes age restricted or age targeted attached, detached, for sale or rent)
26. Senior Housing Community — On the Boards (May be broken by product type. Includes all seniors housing - attached, detached, for sale or rent)
27. Community Site Plan
28. On the Boards Site Plan
SINGLE FAMILY PRODUCTION HOUSING
29. Single Family Detached Home — under 2,000 sq. ft.
30. Single Family Detached Home — 2,000 to 2499 sq. ft.
31. Single Family Detached Home — 2,500 to 2,999 sq. ft.
32. Single Family Detached Home — 3,000 to 3,499 sq. ft.
33. Single Family Detached Home — 3,500 to 3,999 sq. ft.
34. Single Family Detached Home — 4,000 to 5,000 sq. ft.
35. Single Family Detached Home — Over 5,000 sq. ft.
36. Sustainable Residential Community
37. Sustainable Commercial Project - New construction or rehabilitation
38. Zero Net Energy Design
39. Building Industry Community Spirit Award (Honoring projects that address special needs – HomeAid, Habitat for Humanity or other projects done on pro-bono basis or for the community.)
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS ~ Defined as any community/project located outside North America
40. International Residential Project — Detached
41. International Residential Project — Attached
42. International Site Plan43. International Commercial & Special Use Project
44. International On the Boards Project– Commercial and Residential Awards
PROJECT/COMMUNITIES OF THE YEAR
45. Residential Housing Project of the Year - Detached Product (Defined as a single builder – series of home plans. To be eligible for this category at least one plan must be submitted in the Single Family Plan Categories 31-36)
46. Residential Housing Community of the Year - Masterplan (Defined as single or multiple builders within a larger community with multiple series of home plans plus community amenities. To be eligible for this category at least one plan must be submitted in the Single Family Plan Categories 31-36 PLUS entry into Community Site Plan Categories 28-29)
47. Residential Housing Project of the Year - Attached in an Urban setting (To be eligible for this category the community must be submitted in a least one of the Multifamily Categories 14, 16- 22)
48. Residential Housing Project of the Year - Attached within a Suburban setting (To be eligible for this category the community must be submitted in a least one of the Multifamily Categories 14, 16- 22)
Commercial Project of the Year: Winner may be selected from the Grand Award Winners in categories 1-7, 14
Home of the Year: Winner may be selected from the Grand Awards presented in categories 7-12, 30-33. No additional entry fee is required.
Judges Special Awards: Awarded at judges' discretion, these awards honor extraordinary and unusual projects from any category. No additional entry fee.
The fee is $325 for each entry