Under 40 Executive Summit
BUILDING YOUR FUTURE
June 27th – 28th | 2017
San Diego Convention Center
Join us this year as Professional Builder partners with PCBC 2017 to offer its Under 40 Executive Summit's interactive content, new ideas, housing tour, and networking along with all that PCBC's Exhibit Floor has to offer: over 350 of the nation's top manufacturers, thousands of innovative product solutions, access to over 10,000 housing professionals, open-to-all education sessions, three keynotes, the High Performance Home Theater, and much more.
Who should attend: Owners, presidents, executives, and management, including sales managers, marketing directors, purchasing managers, construction managers, and design leaders.
$395 Conference Attendee
$225 Award Winner
$295 Early Bird
$195 Multiple Attendee from same firm
$225 Past Winner/Past Attendee
*Registration includes a PCBC Exhibit Floor Pass
|Tuesday, June 27, 2017|
The San Diego area is home to some of the country's most beautiful beaches as well as a varied topography that boasts scenic mesas, hills, and canyons. It also possesses one of the most pleasant climates in the U.S. Home builders there do their best to take full advantage of both the views and the weather, constructing homes that offer innovative floor plans, light-filled rooms with walls of glass, and fully integrated indoor-outdoor spaces. Join us for a half-day tour of some of the area's outstanding new homes, featuring cutting edge design, construction technology, and products.
Reception and Dinner
|Wednesday, June 28, 2017|
PCBC General Session Keynote
Rock musician turned rocket scientist Adam Steltzner shares the jaw-dropping story behind the Mars Curiosity Rover project—revealing profound lessons about breakthrough innovation in the face of the impossible.
Under 40 Conference Begins
Leading Your Company In A Digital World
Mike Lyon & Kevin Oakley
Your company needs you desperately. Most of the tools, solutions, and processes creating success today are completely foreign to older managers, and fear of the unknown too often hinders progress. Mike and Kevin will share insights, stories, and pinpoint areas of focus to keep you and your company ahead of the pack in order to grow your market share, profits, and increase your personal fulfillment.
At the Intersection of Leadership and Change
New Home Design for New Buyers
Luncheon Keynote: Dave Evans
Disruption and the Future of Home Building
With 20 years of experience in marketing, Jimmy brings an analytic focus to improving home sales through user-centric online sales programs. As author of the annual Home Buyer Conversion Report, the industry's leading research showcasing technology's influence on new home sales, he's responsible for conducting home buyer research at The Bokka Group. As Creative Director, he turns this data into sales & marketing strategies that work. For the past 10 years he's applied cutting-edge technologies & best practices from other industries to new home sales programs, positioning digital at the hub of all marketing efforts. Jimmy frequently speaks at builder conferences on leveraging technology and usability research to optimize the home buying experience, from lead acquisition to referral.
Starting at Stanford with dreams of following Jacques Cousteau as a marine biologist, Dave realized (a bit late) that he was lousy at it and shifted to mechanical engineering with an eye on the energy problem. After four years in alternative energy, it was clear that this idea's time hadn't come yet. So while en route to biomedical engineering, Dave accepted an invitation to work for Apple, where he led product marketing for the mouse team and introduced laser printing to the masses. When Dave's boss at Apple left to start Electronic Arts, Dave joined as the company's first VP of Talent, dedicated to making "software worthy of the minds that use it." Having participated in forming the corporate cultures at Apple and EA, Dave decided his best work was in helping organizations build creative environments where people could do great work and love doing it. So he went out on his own; working with start-up teams, corporate executives, non-profit leaders, and countless young adults. They were all asking the same question: "What should I do with my life?" Helping people get traction on that question finally took Dave to Cal and Stanford and continues to be his life's work.
Mike Lyon has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and first-hand experience in the realm of online marketing and sales for home builders. He delivers his information from the trenches and draws from his diverse background in online advertising, digital design, and internet sales. The information, statistics, and strategies he presents are the result of his direct experience as an Online Sales Specialist and Sales & Marketing Director. Mike speaks with authority about online conversion rates and best practices that can be implemented to boost sales from internet leads. He is recognized as the top innovator in online conversion for the home building and real estate development industries. He is also the author of Browsers to Buyers: Proven Strategies for Selling New Homes Online.
Kevin Oakley has over 12 years of experience running marketing and sales operations for home builders of all shapes, sizes, and areas of expertise. Kevin has worked for two different multi-billion dollar revenue builders as well as for a private family owned builder. During his two years with NVR, a top 5 home builder, Kevin had full operational responsibility for land, construction, and sales for two home building divisions in the Pittsburgh MSA. Kevin's extensive background and time spent in the shoes of a home builder allows him to uniquely connect with the challenges you face in today's market. From launching new communities, increasing online lead volume or conversion, improving your customer's experience, lowering marketing costs, web design, and so much more – he has a strategy for success. Kevin is the author of Presale Without Fail: The Secret to Launching New Communities and Phases with Maximum Results.
Al Trellis has over 40 years of experience as a custom home builder, consultant, speaker and writer for the home building industry as well as a motivational and informational speaker for large corporations. He is a co-founder of Home Builders Network (HBN), which provides management consulting, marketing, residential design and land planning for home builders throughout the United States and Canada. In 2015, HBN's consulting clients collectively built approximately 2,750 homes, for a sales value of $980 million. Ten of its clients have received either the prestigious America's Best Builder or Custom Builder of the Year award from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). Al has served as chairman of the NAHB Custom Builder, Education, and Business Management committees, and is the author of many books and articles on residential construction, including his most recent book "Building with an Attitude."
- Jason Adams, President & CEO, Arbor Builders
- Stephen Adams, Owner & Manager, Adams Craig Acquisitions
- Ryan Anderson, Owner, RKA Construction
- Regis Arnold, Director of Construction , Van Metre Homes
- Tom Baldwin, VP of Sales and Marketing, Caruso Homes, Inc.
- Katherine Bardis, President, Bardis Homes
- Clint Bayless, Builder, Superintendent, Carpenter, Bayless Custom Homes Inc
- Aren Bazzocco, Division President, Taylor Morrison
- Hillary Bonham, Land Manager, Goodall Homes
- Vaughan Buckley, President , Vaughan Buckley Construction
- Doug Carlson, Owner & Managing Partner, Dreamline Modular Homes
- Roussa Cassel, Designer, The Artisans Group
- David Clark, Owner, David Clark Construction, LLC
- Robert Clemons, Operations Director, Broker-in-Charge, Dawol Homes & Carolina Bays Real Estate
- Corey Craig, VP and Parner, Celebration Homes
- Elaine Dai, Design Studio Manager, Van Metre Homes
- Anthony, D'Amore Director of Construction , Sackman Enterprises, Inc.
- Will Duderstadt, Marketing Manager Web Platforms , M/I Homes, Inc.
- Chris Dunn, Operations Manager, Westport Homes, Inc.
- Brad Haigh, Principal, Norris Design
- Tyler Jones, Founder & Owner, Blue Heron
- Anna Keller, New Mexico Division Manager , Desert View Homes
- Allison King, Division VP , Garman Homes
- Ed Kubiak, VP Construction, Beechen & Dill/Summit Signature Homes
- Jason LaFleur, Building Scientist & CEO, Eco Achievers
- Ryan Lantz, Co-owner, Lokal Homes
- John Leggett, Founder/CEO, On Point Custom Homes
- Brent McCaffrey, President, The McCaffrey Group
- Kristopher Megna, President, Dreamline Modular Homes
- Andrew Modley, Project Manager, Habitat for Humanity
- Annjielyn Narvaez, SEC Reporting & Compliance Manager, UCP, Inc.
- Michael Neal, Land Development Manager, Neal Communities
- Rachael, Overall, Director of Marketing, Goodall Homes
- Julia Kaye, Reinert, Marketing Manager, Homes by Dickerson
- Vic Remmers, President & Co-owner, Everett Custom Homes/West Hills Homes Northwest
- Rich Robinson, VP, Member Rebate Program
- Tessa Smith, Principal & Co-owner, The Artisans Group
- Lara Swanson, Division VP, Meritage Homes
- Andrew Travars, Design/Build Project Manager, Stanton Homes
- Daniel Whitehurst, Partner, Ten Oaks Homes
In Partnership with
Professional Builder Magazine
For more than 80 years, Professional Builder has been the trusted source for business and product information for the U.S. home building industry. We help our audience of nearly 121,000 builders profitably run their businesses by delivering timely, executable business advice from our team of award-winning editors and industry experts.
Custom Builder Magazine
Published four times each year, Custom Builder delivers industry and product news, how-to articles on the business of doing business, plus features and sumptuous photography of custom design, to more than 46,000 custom builders who specialize in one-of-a-kind residential projects.