The oldest and most prestigious design awards in the Nation
PRESENTED BY PCBC
Recognizing those who improve our communities through exceptional concepts in design, planning and development.
PCBC Closing Ceremonies & Gold Nugget Awards Gala
Thursday, June 29, 2017
4:30pm: Cocktails & Networking
6:00pm-8:30pm: Awards Ceremony
San Diego Convention Center
Elegant Attire Required
2017 Marketing Materials
2017 Gold Nugget Awards in the News
From Builder Online
From 635 U.S. and international entries, the judges selected a final round of Grand- and Merit-worthy projects in categories including single-family, multifamily, and custom residential, as well as mixed-use and commercial designs.
From the San Diego Union Tribune
San Diego County nabbed 21 grand and merit awards Thursday at the 54th annual Gold Nuggets design contest during the PCBC builders show at the San Diego Convention Center.
Award of Merit Honors for 2017 Announced!
Following a fabulous judging with fantastic competition in all categories. The judges worked 3 long days to choose our slate of winners.
Join us on June 29th for the presentation of Award of Merit and Grand Award honors. Grand Award Winners will emerge from the Award of Merit Winners in each category.
Stand out against the competition and reserve your sponsorship today for 2017 Gold Nugget Awards. Click here for more information.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 SPONSORS!
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Any project or developments that was open for sale, lease or rental at any time after January 1, 2016 are eligible. On the Boards entries must have at least 1 governmental approval and have forward progress.
Entries from the United States and International projects in any and all international countries of the world are eligible.
Previous Merit Award winners are eligible for the 2017 program, if they meet eligibility criteria described.
Previous Grand Award winners are not eligible in the same category, unless there have been distinct design changes. Projects for which the architect or builder is a member of the 2016 panel of judges are not eligible for the 2017 Gold Nugget competition. Please review the following information carefully. If you have any questions, contact the Gold Nugget Awards at 1.800.658.2751
HOW TO ENTER
Review the categories and make your selections. Complete online entry application and entry fees for all entries and submit no later than April 28, 2017.
- Entry Applications Received by March 28 - $325 per entry
- Entry Applications Received by April 28 - $375 per entry
- You may submit as many entries as you wish in each category, but each requires the appropriate fee.
- Pay by VISA/MasterCard/AMEX.
- Entry Applications Due Online by April 28, 2017 – ALL Materials submitted online.
- Announcement of Finalists – May 20, 2017
- PCBC Show – June 28 & 29, 2016
- Gold Nugget Ceremony June 29th 4:30pm-8:30pm
View Past Years Winners Books
Click here to view Gold Nugget Awards Winners Books from 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012.
Tickets and Sponsorships
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
If you have any questions during the process please feel free to contact our offices.
Lisa Parrish | Administrator
Gold Nugget Awards
10416 Hamilton St. Alta Loma CA 91701
1. Best Special Use Project
2. Best Recreational Use Facility
3. Best Commercial Project — under 20,000 sq ft - Includes Commercial, Retail and Office applications
4. Best Commercial Project — 20,000 sq. ft. & over - Includes Commercial, Retail and Office applications
5. Best Rehabilitation Project - Includes Office, Commercial and Industrial
6. Best Interior Renovations - May include tennant improvements
7. Best Educational Project - excludes housing, may be on the boards
CUSTOM & RENOVATED HOMES
8. Best Custom Home under 4,000 sq. ft.
9. Best Custom Home 4,000 to 8,000 sq. ft.
10. Best Custom Home over 8,000 sq. ft.
11. Best On the Boards Custom Home
12. Best Renovated or Restored Single House
13. Best Renovated, Restored or Adaptive Re-Use Residential Project
TARGETED USE RESIDENTIAL - (For Sale or Rent)
14. Best Mixed Use Project
15. Best On-the Boards Mixed Use Project
16. Best Affordable Housing Community — under 30 du/acre
17. Best Affordable Housing Community — 30 to 60 du/acre
18. Best Affordable Housing Community - 60 to 100 du/acre
19. Best Affordable Housing Community - 100 du/acre or more
20. Best Multi-Family Housing Community — under 18 du/acre
21. Best Multifamily Housing Community - 18-30 du/acre
22. Best Multifamily Housing Community - 30-60 du/acre
23. Best Multifamily Housing Community - 60 to 100 du/acre
24. Best Multifamily Housing Community - 100 du/acre or more
25. Best Campus Housing — Faculty or Student Residential - Institutional use
26. Best On the Boards Multifamily Community
27. Best Affordable Senior Housing Community
28. Best Age Qualified Senior Living Community - For Sale/Rent
29. Best Service Enriched Senior Community - IL/AL/Memory Care
30. Best Continuing Care Retirement Community Campus - Purpose Built
31. Best Senior Housing Community — On the Boards
32. Best Community Site Plan - May be split based upon community/site scale
33. Best On the Boards Site Plan
SINGLE FAMILY PRODUCTION HOUSING
34. Best Single Family Detached Home — under 2,000 sq. ft.
35. Best Single Family Detached Home — 2,000 to 2499 sq. ft.
36. Best Single Family Detached Home — 2,500 to 2,999 sq. ft.
37. Best Single Family Detached Home — 3,000 to 3,499 sq. ft.
38. Best Single Family Detached Home — 3,500 to 3,999 sq. ft.
39. Best Single Family Detached Home — 4,000 to 5,000 sq. ft.
40. Best Single Family Detached Home — Over 5,000 sq. ft.
41. Best Zero Net Energy Home Design
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS ~ Defined as any community/project located outside North America
42. Best International Residential Project — Detached
43. Best International Residential Project — Attached
44. Best International Site Plan
45. Best International Commercial & Special Use Project
46. Best International On the Boards Project — Commercial and Residential Awards
COMMUNITIES OF THE YEAR
47. Residential Housing Project of the Year - Attached Product
48. Residential Housing Project of the Year - Detached Product
49. Residential Housing Community of the Year - Masterplan